Robbyn's Nest Education Center is committed to the development of the whole child by implementing curriculum and methodology based on the Montessori philosophy of education and human development, and by partnering with parents – children’s first teachers – in this endeavor.
Five Principle Goals
- To foster a life-long love of learning through teaching, across the curriculum, which demonstrates the interconnection of all life; and to foster the individual’s understanding of his/her role within the whole, through the development of individual potential.
- To structure hands-on learning environments which, while “making the match” w/ students’ needs and interests, foster student-initiated inquiry/research and projects which develop understanding and appreciation of the world beyond the classroom.
- To support each student – through individualized instruction based on observation and understanding of learning styles and abilities – to become an independent, responsible, self-disciplined and self-motivated learner who works to potential and loves it!
- To engage families in the education of their children through – but not limited to – dialog, education in child development and Montessori/School practice, ongoing communication, community events, joint planning to address evolving needs and circumstances.
- To educate children using the authentic Montessori approach—a multi-sensory curriculum that allows for individualized teaching and for students to learn and be challenged at their own pace as they develop academically. As a community that fosters self-confidence, leadership, and respect for self and others, Robbyn's Nest encourages students to grow as self-motivated, intellectually engaged learners who are accomplished students.
To Robbyn German
C/O Robbyn's Nest Tutoring and Learning Educational Center
Route 37 Sherman Commons Suite 3
Sherman, CT 06784
Official Letter Of Recommendation
My daughter, 3 years old, started school at Robbyn's Nest Educational Center less than a year ago. I had known of the Montessori method of teaching and wanted to give it a try. I can honestly say Robbyn's Nest uses extraordinary methods that work. I am extremely thrilled to see my daughter recognize actual words at 3 years old. Robbyn's lessons are done in a fun way to keep the child engaged and repeated enough to help the child sustain the information learned. My daughter every week is retaining more and more. I am sure she is learning more at Robbyn's Nest than any other local preschool in the area. I highly recommend Robbyn's Nest Tutoring and Learning Educational Center to any parent wanting more than a standard preschool for their child. A safe, remarkable school! You will be amazed at what your little one can learn every day.
Letter of Recommendation
For Robbyn German
Robbyn's Nest Tutoring and Learning Educational Center
Its with great pleasure that I express my impression and experience thus far with Robbyn's Nest Educational Center. In the short time my twins have been enrolled they have already shown social and language development. Ms. German's vast educational experience and individual attention to each child provide both a challenging and secure environment. All materials and activities have an educational purpose and the children learn while having fun and playing. Our kids look forward to school time and participate to our surprise very eagerly. We feel very confident that Ms. German is helping our children blossom academically, socially and emotionally. We considered some other preschools before deciding on Robbyn's Nest and feel it is the right fit for our family. We are happy with our choice and highly recommend this school as a loving, safe, and academic environment for children.
-Joseph and Hera Doceti
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Robbyn's Nest Receives 2016 Best of Sherman Award
Sherman Award Program Honors the Achievement
SHERMAN October 5, 2016 -- Robbyn's Nest has been selected for the 2016 Best of Sherman Award in the Tutoring and Learning Educational Center category by the Sherman Award Program.
Each year, the Sherman Award Program identifies companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and our community. These exceptional companies help make the Sherman area a great place to live, work and play.
Various sources of information were gathered and analyzed to choose the winners in each category. The 2016 Sherman Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the Sherman Award Program and data provided by third parties.
About Sherman Award Program
The Sherman Award Program is an annual awards program honoring the achievements and accomplishments of local businesses throughout the Sherman area. Recognition is given to those companies that have shown the ability to use their best practices and implemented programs to generate competitive advantages and long-term value.
The Sherman Award Program was established to recognize the best of local businesses in our community. Our organization works exclusively with local business owners, trade groups, professional associations and other business advertising and marketing groups. Our mission is to recognize the small business community's contributions to the U.S. economy.
Sherman Award Program
Email: [email protected]